- Stay positive. Be optimistic. Don’t fret. Remember, things don’t always work the way you expect them to. Shit happens! But then some things just flow perfectly. Just don’t be so full of yourself.
- Move it! Do not be cooped up in your home or safe zone for too long. Explore! Never think that you are too old to discover new hobbies and interests. The monotony of life simply is a slow process of self-destruction. >:)
- Get out more. The warmth of the sun is good for both your skin and your mood. Just remember to be dosed of sunlight during early daytime and not when the sun is up high during noontime. Or else, you might get not only Vitamin D but the C word too, if you know what I mean.
- Engage in active relaxation. Similar to my previous point, get out and do something you’ve always wanted or needed to do. Clean out your house, hang that picture, work on the garden. Whatever it is, break the routine and get something done just for yourself.
- Treat yourself every once in a while. You deserve it. What’s the point of pushing yourself too far if you don’t reward all those efforts.
- Work out daily. Tire those muscles out and burn the excess fat. Walk to work when it’s near, or go by bike to distant places. Push-up, curl-up and raise your legs. Who cares what those fatsos think? At least you’ll be getting a six-pack and not a keg!
- Eat breakfast. You won’t be able to accomplish all these in the list if you haven’t fueled yourself with the right food. And it must be the right fuel: fiber, milk, the healthy kind.
- Take lots of water. Refresh your system. Drink at least 8 glasses every day.
- Say “Thank you” often. Appreciating others lifts your own spirits. Do it with a smile.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Revitalize your Mind and Body